SHINE Weekly Update // 05.21.15
Welcome to your weekly update for SHINE, the Children's Ministry of First Presbyterian Church of Orlando.
Memorial Day Weekend Worship Times
This Sunday, May 24, in honor of Memorial Day, there will only be two worship services: Genesis at 9:45am in Lee Fellowship Hall and Traditional worship at 11am in the Sanctuary. NO 8:30am worship and 8:30am SHINE programming.
Summer Sunday in the Gym
WHO: Current 1st - 4th Graders
WHEN: Sundays May 31 - September 6
TIME: 9:45am and 11:00am
WHERE: 2nd floor Clayton Life Center
We will learn about Godly Wisdom, play games, make crafts and enjoy summer! See you there!
Upward Basketball & Cheerleading Camp
Upward Basketball & Cheerleading Camp is July 20-24. Held in our very own Fitness@First Recreation facility, camp will be from 1-4pm daily and open to kids kindergarten through 6th grade. Register online or contact Angela Brown at 407.206.2406 for more details. Spots fill up fast, so get moving!
This makes a great pairing with VBS for a full day of fun!
SUNDAY CAR TALK
Questions to ask your children on the way home...
PRE-K - KINDERGARTEN
- How long does God’s word last? (Forever!)
- How is the Bible different from a storybook? (God’s words are true; Psalm 119:160)
- How is the Bible like a lamp? (It shows us the way)
- How did God write the Bible? (He used lots of different people to write the Bible, and He told them what to write.)
1ST - 4TH GRADE
Big Picture Question: Why did God’s servant have to suffer? (God’s servant, Jesus, suffered so we could be forgiven.)
- Isaiah said that the Messiah would be a suffering __________. (servant)
- What would this Servant be like? (He would look just like everybody else. He wouldn't look like anyone special; Isaiah 53:2-3)
- Who was the Servant punished for? (He was bruised, crushed, and punished for our sins; Isaiah 53:5-6)
- What would happen to the Suffering Servant? (He would be badly treated and eventually killed, even though He hadn't done anything wrong; Isaiah 53:8-9)
- How long after Isaiah’s vision did God send Jesus to earth? (Seven hundred years before Jesus was born, the prophet Isaiah wrote that this would happen! Jesus was the Servant who suffered so that those who trust in Him could be forgiven.)
Christ Connection: God planned a very long time ago that Jesus would die on the cross for our sins. Seven hundred years before Jesus was born, the prophet Isaiah wrote that this would happen! Jesus was the Servant who suffered so that those who trust in Him could be forgiven.