SHINE Weekly Update // 05.14.15
Welcome to your weekly update for SHINE, the Children's Ministry of First Presbyterian Church of Orlando.
Summer Sunday in the Gym!
WHO: Current 1st - 4th Graders
WHEN: Sundays May 31 - September 6
TIME: 9:45am and 11:00am
WHERE: 2nd floor Clayton Life Center
We will learn about Godly Wisdom, play games, make crafts and enjoy summer!
See you there!
Register for VBS!
THE BIG DIG: Vacation Bible School 2015
July 20-24, 9:00am-12:15pm | $50 per child
Register online now through June 28 (first come, first served). Children must be 4 by August 31, 2015 through entering 5th grade in the 2015-16 school year.
We can't run VBS without volunteers! Lots of spots available at fpco.org/vbs. Specifically, we're in need of Small Group Guides. We're expecting a large crowd of pre-K through entering 5th grade children who need an adult guide to help them through the VBS experience. If you're interested, fill out the adult volunteer registration at fpco.org/vbs.
SUNDAY CAR TALK
Questions to ask your children on the way home...
PRE-K - KINDERGARTEN
- What is the name of God's book? (The Bible)
- Are God's words true? (Yes!; Psalm 119:160)
- Who is the Bible for? (Everyone!)
- What is your favorite Bible story?
1ST - 4TH GRADE
Big Picture Question: How should we pray? (We should pray with confidence. God hears our prayers.)
- What did Hezekiah do to the bronze snake that Moses made? (He destroyed it because the people had begun to worship it; 2 Kings 18:4)
- What did the king of Assyria send to Hezekiah? (a letter saying that God could not protect Judah; 2 Kings 19:9-11)
- What did Hezekiah do with the Assyrian letter? (He took it to the temple and spread it out before the Lord. He asked God to save Judah; 2 Kings 19:14-19)
- How did God defeat the Assyrian army? (He sent an angel to kill them in the night; 2 Kings 19:35)
- What happened when Hezekiah got sick and prayed to the Lord? (God healed him; 2 Kings 20:5)
- Who is our perfect, faithful King? (Jesus is our faithful King who never sinned. One day He will return to make all things the way they are supposed to be. Jesus is our King forever.)
Christ Connection: Hezekiah was a faithful king who led the people of Judah to worship God like they were supposed to. But even faithful kings sin. Jesus is our faithful King who never sinned. One day He will return to make all things the way they are supposed to be. Jesus is our King forever.