SHINE Weekly Update // 05.07.15
Welcome to your weekly update for SHINE, the Children's Ministry of First Presbyterian Church of Orlando.
Summer Sunday in the Gym
WHO: Current 1st - 4th Graders
WHEN: Sundays May 31 - September 6
TIME: 9:45am and 11:00am
WHERE: 2nd floor Clayton Life Center
We will learn about Godly Wisdom, play games, make crafts and enjoy summer!
See you there!
Register for VBS
THE BIG DIG: Vacation Bible School 2015
July 20-24, 9:00am-12:15pm | $50 per child
Register online now through June 28 (first come, first served).
Children must be 4 by August 31, 2015 through entering 5th grade in the 2015-16 school year.
We can't run VBS without volunteers! Lots of spots available at fpco.org/vbs. Specifically, we're in need of Small Group Guides. We're expecting a large crowd of pre-K through entering 5th grade children who need an adult guide to help them through the VBS experience. If you're interested, fill out the adult volunteer registration at fpco.org/vbs.
SUNDAY CAR TALK
Questions to ask your children on the way home...
PRE-K - KINDERGARTEN
- What heroes do you remember that we have learned about this year? (Noah, Jonah, Daniel, Mary, Joseph, Twelve Disciples, Barnabas, Paul, etc.)
- How can you be a hero for Jesus? (Believe in Jesus; John 3:16)
- Who is our only true Superhero? (Jesus; John 3:16)
- Why is Jesus our hero? (He has power over death, He died to forgive our sins, and He gives us eternal life; John 3:16; 1 Corinthians 15:22,55)
1ST - 4TH GRADE
Big Picture Question: Who is our Immanuel? (Jesus is God with us.)
- Why was Ahaz scared? (Israel and Syria were planning to attack Jerusalem; Isaiah 7:1-2)
- Whom did God send to Ahaz with a message? (Isaiah and his son; Isaiah 7:3)
- What was God’s message to Ahaz? (Don’t be afraid! The attack you fear is not going to happen; Isaiah 7:4-8)
- What does Immanuel mean? (God with us)
- What was Ahaz’s punishment for not trusting in God for protection? (Israel and Syria would not take over Judah, but the Assyrians and the Egyptians would; Isaiah 7:17-19)
Christ Connection: Through the prophet Isaiah, God promised to send Immanuel, which means “God with us.” Jesus fulfilled this promise when He came to earth and was born of a virgin. Jesus is our Immanuel, God with us.