SHINE Weekly Update // 03.26.15
Welcome to your weekly update for SHINE, the Children's Ministry of First Presbyterian Church of Orlando.
WE NEED YOU!
Easter Sunday, April 5
Children's Ministry is in need of volunteers on Easter Sunday! We are expecting a large crowd so if you can spare some time on this really important morning, please let us know! We need people to help greet, help fill out waivers, show guests to classrooms, etc. If you are interested, please contact Stacey Kirk at email@example.com.
EASTER SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP
April 5, 9:00am & 11:00am
Our Easter services will be held at the Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center in the Walt Disney Theater. We offer free childcare for infants through kindergarten-age children in the First Pres' Clayton Life Center. Children first-grade and up join their families for Easter worship.
For a smooth transition, we encourage you to drop off your children 30 minutes before the service begins. Childcare opens at 8am for early arrivals. Every family using Easter childcare must complete a release form either online or hardcopy (available in advance or Easter morning). Visit easterinthecity.com for more details and to fill out the release form online.
SUNDAY CAR TALK
Questions to ask your children on the way home...
PRE-K - KINDERGARTEN
- What animal did Jesus ride on when He entered Jerusalem? (A donkey)
- What did people throw on the road for the donkey to walk on? (palm leaves)
- What does Hosanna mean? (A shout of praise and adoration but it also means "Oh save us")
- What did Jesus pray about God's Will in the garden? ("Not my will, but Yours be done.")
- Why did Jesus allow himself to be crucified on the cross? (To take on our punishment for our sins)
1ST - 4TH GRADE
Big Picture Question: How did people act when they saw Jesus? (People welcomed Jesus to Jerusalem as their King.)
- What did Jesus ride into Jerusalem? (a donkey; Matthew 21:7)
- What were the people throwing on the road? (palm branches and robes; Matthew 21:8)
- What were the children shouting in the temple? (Hosanna to the Son of David; Matthew 21:15)
- Which prophet in the Old Testament said the Messiah would come as a king riding on a donkey? (Zechariah; Matthew 21:5; Zechariah 9:9)
Christ Connection: During Jesus’ triumphal entry, the people welcomed Him as King. Jesus was the Messiah spoken about by the prophet Zechariah: “Look, your King is coming to you; He is righteous and victorious, humble and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey” (Zechariah 9:9).