SHINE Weekly Update // 03.18.15
Welcome to your weekly update for SHINE, the Children's Ministry of First Presbyterian Church of Orlando.
WE NEED YOU!
Easter Sunday, April 5
Children's Ministry is in need of volunteers on Easter Sunday! We are expecting a large crowd so if you can spare some time on this really important morning, please let us know! We need people to help greet, help fill out waivers, show guests to classrooms, etc. If you are interested, please contact Stacey Kirk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EASTER SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP
April 5, 9:00am & 11:00am
Our Easter services will be held at the Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center in the Walt Disney Theater. We offer free childcare for infants through kindergarten-age children in the First Pres' Clayton Life Center. Children first-grade and up join their families for Easter worship. For a smooth transition, we encourage you to drop off your children 30 minutes before the service begins. Childcare opens at 8am for early arrivals. Every family using Easter childcare must complete a release form either online or hardcopy (available in advance or Easter morning). Visit easterinthecity.com for more details and to fill out the release form online.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL 2015
July 20-24, 9:00am-12:30pm
Children must be 4 by August 31, 2015 through entering 5th grade in the 2015-16 school year.
SUNDAY CAR TALK
Questions to ask your children on the way home...
PRE-K - KINDERGARTEN
- On what did Jesus ride when He came into Jerusalem? (A donkey; Matthew 21:5)
- What did the crowds say & do? (Waved palm branches, covered the road with their coats, cried out "Hosanna!" "Blessed is He who comes in the name of The Lord!"; Matthew 21:8-9)
- What did Jesus say to the leaders when they wanted Him to make the people stop shouting? ("If the people keep quiet, the stones will cry out!"; Luke 19:40)
- What kind of King is Jesus? (His Kingdom is not of this world. He is the King who lives in our hearts. He is the King who came to serve and give His life for many; Ephesians 3:17; John 18:36; Mark 10:45)
1ST - 4TH GRADE
Big Picture Question: How does God deal with sin? (God is gracious and patient, but He will punish sin.)
- Who was the unfaithful king of Israel when God called Amos to become a prophet? (King Jeroboam; Amos 1:1)
- Why was God going to punish the Israelites? (They did not obey God’s laws. They were greedy and unfair. They didn’t take care of the poor. They worshiped idols; Amos 2:4-8)
- How was God going to punish the Israelites for their sin? (An enemy would attack their cities and destroy them. They would be taken into exile; Amos 3:11; 4:2-3)
- What vision did God first show Amos and what was Amos' response? (God showed locusts invading the land but Amos prayed for the Israelites and God did not send the locusts; Amos 7:1-3)
- Who took the punishment for our sin? (God sent Jesus to take the punishment for our sin. God accepts anyone who trusts in Jesus as Lord and Savior.)
Christ Connection: God is holy and just, but He is also loving and gracious. God wanted His people to turn back to Him, but they refused. Israel faced the punishment for their sin. God sent Jesus to take the punishment for our sin. God accepts anyone who trusts in Jesus as Lord and Savior.