SHINE Weekly Update // 02.27.15
Welcome to your weekly update for SHINE, the Children's Ministry of First Presbyterian Church of Orlando.
Save the Date
Saturday, March 14
Registration is now open at www.ourserveday.com! Projects for small children in SHINE (childcare is available for infants through kindergarten; registration required). For questions, please contact Joy duMee at 407-423-3441 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 5, 9:00am & 11:00am
Our Easter services will be held at the Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center in the Walt Disney Theater. Childcare is provided for children birth through kindergarten, while 1st grade and up will worship with their families. Visit easterinthecity.com for more details!
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
July 20-24, 9:00am-12:30pm
Children must be 4 by August 31, 2015 through entering 5th grade in the 2015-2016 school year.
SUNDAY CAR TALK
Questions to ask your children on the way home...
1ST - 4TH GRADE
Big Picture Question: How does God help in times of trouble? (God promises to never leave or forsake us.
- Why did Elijah run from Jezebel? (She threatened to kill him; 1 Kings 19:1-2)
- What did the angel of God bring to Elijah? (bread and water; 1 Kings 19:6)
- What did God tell Elijah to do? (Stand on Mt. Horeb, the mountain of God; 1 Kings 19:8-11)
- What three things did Elijah see and hear before God appeared to him? (a strong wind, an earthquake, a fire; 1 Kings 19:11-12)
- How did God finally appear to Elijah? (in a whisper; 1 Kings 19:12)
- Who is the true and final prophet in the New Testament? (Jesus)
Christ Connection: Elijah called on the power of God to prove to the worshipers of Baal that Yahweh is the one true God. By sending fire from heaven, God displayed His great power. God would use His power years later to raise Jesus from the dead, showing that Jesus is the Son of God.