SHINE Weekly Update // 02.04.15
Welcome to your weekly update for SHINE, the Children's Ministry of First Presbyterian Church of Orlando.
1st through 5th grade children now attend the 8:30am Traditional Worship service with their family. Children's bulletins are available, so be sure to ask the greeters for one! We look forward to seeing you at 9:45am for Sunday School and 11:00am for SHINE Worship.
Save the Date
Vacation Bible School 2015
July 20-24, 9:00am-12:30pm
Children must be 4 by August 31, 2015 through entering 5th grade in the 2015-2016 school year.
Parents College Seminar
Parents of high school students, plan to attend this potentially life-changing meeting and bring your students. No matter what your child’s higher education plans are, this message is for you.
- Presented by: President Paul Maurer of Montreat College, North Carolina
- Tuesday, February 10 in the King Parlor from 7-8:30pm at First Pres
Questions? Email Kevin Sheehan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUNDAY CAR TALK
Questions to ask your children on the way home...
1ST - 4TH GRADE
Big Picture Question: Where does wisdom come from? (Wisdom comes from God.)
- What is another word for the songs in the Bible that David and others wrote? (Psalms)
- What did King Solomon ask from God? (ing Solomon asked God for wisdom to lead God’s people.)
- What book says God’s word should be treasured so you won’t sin against God? (Psalms)
- What are the wise sayings in the Bible that Solomon and others wrote? (Proverbs)
- In what book are we told to work hard, like the ant does? (Proverbs 6:6)
- In the Book of Ecclesiastes, what did Solomon say is the most important thing? (loving and obeying God; Ecclesiastes 12:13)
Christ Connection: Wisdom in the Bible is not just words about how to live. God gives us wisdom because He wants us to be like Jesus - in how we live, how we speak, and how we think. We become wise by knowing and loving Jesus, who became God-given wisdom for us. (1 Corinthians 1:30)