Message: "Keeping Christmas Well"
Christians celebrate Christmas, knowing the story of Jesus continues beyond the putting away of the last decoration. We know that Christmas is incomplete without Easter, and the incarnation is incomplete without the resurrection. When we celebrate Christmas, we celebrate that He has ushered in the new Kingdom and reality and that the Holy Spirit empowers and equips us in amazing ways. We are no longer physically and spiritually dead, but rather we are alive like never before.
In 2017, I resolve to do the following:
- I will set aside time each day for God.
- My prayer each morning will be “May I be a blessing to someone today.”
- I am going to give more than I receive, in terms of relationships.
- I will condemn others less, and extend grace more
- The richness of my year will be determined, not by how much is in the bank, but how much is in my heart.
- I am going to live joyfully, as though each day is a gift.
- I am going to be grateful for friends, family, and my church family
- In a world that is incredibly divisive, I will be an agent of unity and love.
- My battle will not be with people, but with spiritual darkness.
- In 2017, I resolve to live each day as if it were Christmas!