Becoming a member of the FPCO family is a commitment to join in covenant relationship together. Ministry at First Pres is carried out through our members, who respond to God’s call and are sent out to share His love with a world in need.
Be Our Guest
We encourage you to visit on a Sunday morning and participate in events throughout the week to learn more about what we believe. Worship, learn, get to know people and pray about how God might be leading you.
First Step is a 30-minute overview of the church, offered at 12:15pm on the third Sunday of every month.
First Connections is a 6-week seminar on life at First Pres. Offered seasonally, it's a chance to get to know new people, learn what we believe, and discover the ways this church family cares for our city.
3 Simple Steps to Becoming a Member
To be a member at First Presbyterian Church of Orlando, all you must do is believe and profess that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior. That is the one and only bond we have. Not race, assets, style, or IQ score. Faith in Jesus is the glue that holds us together.
To learn more, email Jen Kaiser.
Talk with a pastor or deacon after one of our worship services to complete a New Member Inquiry Form.
New members are welcomed into the church by the Session (governing body of elders) on the second Sunday of each month. You will be invited to share with our elders, your own journey with Christ and affirm your membership commitment. Afterwards, you will be introduced at one of our 11am worship services (Genesis or Traditional), so the church family can welcome you.
Register for First Connections, a 7-week seminar on Sunday mornings, designed to help you learn about and experience life at First Pres. It’s a great way to make some friends, learn some basics about faith in a non-threatening atmosphere, and be exposed to the life-changing opportunities at our church.
As a community in covenant relationship with one another, we make a commitment to include each new member in the family of faith, nurture their spiritual growth, support them with love and grace, and hold them accountable to the truths explained to us through God’s Word (the Bible). Likewise, each member makes a promise to invest in the community, seek to grow as a disciple, and joyfully give time, talents and treasures in response to God’s generosity.
To update your membership information at any time, email Trish Wilson or call her at 407.423.3441 x1471.
Membership Covenant Questions
- Do you acknowledge yourselves to be sinners in the sight of God and without hope for your salvation except in His sovereign mercy?
- Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Savior of sinners, and do you receive and depend upon Him alone for your salvation as He is offered in the Gospel?
- Do you now promise and resolve, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, that you will endeavor to live as a follower of Christ?
- Do you promise to serve Christ in His Church by supporting and participating with this congregation in its service of God and its ministry to others to the best of your ability?
- Do you submit yourself to the government and discipline of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church and to the spiritual oversight of this Church Session, and do you promise to promote the unity, purity and peace of the Church?