Worship Changes Coming in July
Great News: We're Growing!
As God continues to bless this church with incredible gifts, talents and opportunities, we are growing, and as many of you know, our 9:45 Genesis worship service has outgrown the Lee Fellowship Hall.
- Genesis 9:45am has been at capacity for 32% of weeks out of the last year.
- Genesis 9:45am has been at 80% capacity for 11 Sundays out of 16 this calendar year.
- We have consistently needed to provide overflow space in Genesis 9:45am for many weeks now.
We certainly don’t want people showing up, and then seeing we have clearly not prepared a place for them, week after week. Our goal as the church is to draw people in to the family of God, and help them feel welcome.
Our staff and Session have been looking at this problem for over a year, and arrived at the conclusion that rather than try and build or retrofit a worship venue at this time, we agreed the best stewardship would be to utilize the large designated worship space we already have that sits empty at 9:45am, our Sanctuary.
If you’ve sat in overflow in Genesis, or have experienced the overcrowding in Lee Fellowship Hall, please know we’re working to make space for all of us to worship together.
Worship Time and Venue Changes in July
We have begun process of readying our church for some transitions to create room for everyone who wants to worship with us Sunday morning, which we will start on Sunday, July 10:
- Traditional Worship at 8:30am will now take place at 8:15am in the Sanctuary.
- Genesis Worship will take place at 9:45am in the Sanctuary. We’re hoping this gives enough time for our tech team to make the turnaround between those two services, and room for that service to continue growing.
- Then at 11am, the Genesis worship team will transition back to Lee Fellowship Hall for the regular worship service there, and 11am Traditional worship will take place in the Sanctuary.
As you can imagine, this will be quite the undertaking, and an enormous amount of work each week. Please pray for our staff and volunteer teams as we plan towards July.
Our Worship Experiences
Genesis in the Sanctuary may not look exactly like it does now; there are some changes we will need to make in phases. But we will continue to be faithful to the style of worship in that service that has drawn people to it: liturgy in the context of contemporary music, live preaching, and a more casual experience. For our part, we’re excited about seeing how Genesis will evolve given more creative space to move around and the incredible artistic influences of being in that space.
Likewise, we are giving careful consideration to any changes being made in the Sanctuary, to preserve the architectural integrity of the space.
There will be more updates coming as we prepare together. In the meantime, mark your calendars:
JULY 10 - New Times & Venues
8:15am Traditional in the Sanctuary
9:45am Genesis in the Sanctuary
11:00am Traditional in the Sanctuary
11:00am Genesis in Lee Fellowship Hall