SHINE Weekly Update // 02.11.15
Welcome to your weekly update for SHINE, the Children's Ministry of First Presbyterian Church of Orlando.
Save the Date
Vacation Bible School 2015
July 20-24, 9:00am-12:30pm
Children must be 4 by August 31, 2015 through entering 5th grade in the 2015-2016 school year.
Saturday, March 14
Registration opens Sunday, February 22! There will be projects available for most ages, and child care available for infants through kindergarten (must register for child care). For questions, please contact Joy duMee at 407-423-3441 email@example.com.
SUNDAY CAR TALK
Questions to ask your children on the way home...
1ST - 4TH GRADE
Big Picture Question: What kind of king did God’s people need? (God’s people needed a faithful king.)
- Why did God divide the kingdom of Israel into two new kingdoms? (King Solomon disobeyed Him and worshiped idols; 1 Kings 11:11-13)
- When God divided the kingdom of Israel into two kingdoms, what were the two kingdoms called? (Israel and Judah; 2 Kings 17:13-14)
- What were the kings of Israel like? (They were unfaithful. They worshiped idols; 1 Kings 16:2,13,19,26,31)
- Name two of the six unfaithful kings of Israel. (Nadab, Baasha, Elah, Zimri, Omri, Ahab; 1 Kings 15:25-26, 16:1-34)
- Who did God send to be the faithful king of Israel? (His Son, Jesus, the King of all kings)
Christ Connection: God’s people asked for a king to lead them, but no king led them perfectly. Was there any king on earth who would be faithful? God would send a faithful king from heaven - His own Son - who would lead God’s people back to God. He would be the King of all kings - Jesus Christ.